Thursday, 9 January 2014

Arriving in Starehe

Jambo! Hello from Nairobi :)

After a mere 24 hours in Kenya I already feel at home.
I'm being looked after so well and treated like royalty, hard to get used to but I love it. Everyone is so kind, helpful and really easy to talk to. I'm having a great time!
I met so many staff today, I think I remember 4 names (3 of them have photos on the wall so they probably don't count!), this is going to take a while!

I was greeted to the school by some of the boys playing their instruments. I can already tell it's going to be great.
My challenge now is to not step on my pet gecko who seems to follow me throughout my lovely home!!

Hopefully I can keep blogging at least weekly but I'm well and LIVING IN KENYA!!

:D

2 comments:

  1. I'm chuffed that you're feeling so happy there already. Does the gecko have a name yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, me too! Not yet, I let him out the bathroom window and shut it behind him and haven't seen him since :(

    ReplyDelete